If you are looking for the best family-friendly stylish hotels in Thailand, you’re on the right page. This blog lists a few of our favorite hideways in Thailand; from North to South and right in the middle. Thailand is great, both for you and your kid(s). The wonderful food, culture and lovely warm people make this destination so perfect for a family holiday. We think- and experienced as a parent – that this sort of travel is extremely valuable to a child’s education, particularly when you visit the cultural and historic highlights…but of course… enough time to relax at the pool and the sandy beaches too.
Plans to visit Thailand this upcoming period or in the future? We’ve selected the best family-friendly stylish hotels in Thailand to stay at (and there eco-friendly too) and we’ve also collected our best tips of things to do with the family. Let’s start planning a wonderful family holiday full of memories, quality time together and learning about new cultures and nature!
FAMILY-FRIENDLY HOTELS AND THINGS TO DO IN BANGKOK
Whether you’re traveling via Bangkok as a stop-over or coming to stay for a couple of days– you’ll have at least 100 options for some family fun in the capital of Thailand. Please check below the best Bangkok hotels and things to do with your family below; all based on child friendliness, style and the sustainable aspect.
What to do in Bangkok with kids
- A biking tour with Co van Kessel to see Bangkok’s daily life. Great guides and safe bikes (also with seats for small children on the back of the bike)
- Visit the Grand Palace & Temple of the Emerald Buddha
- The Children’s Discovery Musuem; a wealth of fun and educational activities to keep the kids entertained for a whole day!
- Have an underwater experience at Sea Live Bangkok Ocean World, southeast Asia’s largest aquarium. Located one level below the huge food court in Siam Paragon mall
- Visit an old house full of relics: the Jim Thompson house. Kids (especially 6+ age) will love learning about how silk was made and exploring the house and garden.
Where to stay in Bangkok with kids
It is the perfect place to both unwind and relax, and explore Bangkok by foot and boat. The jungle like gardens and riverside terraces give you a feeling of total relaxation, an ‘away from it all’ vibe, while countless historic sights are just a stone’s throw away. The hardest decisions you have to make each day is whether to lay by the pool, go for a bike ride or book a massage. Utter bliss
With 11 acres of greenery, endless wellness options and a kids-club with vibrant activities, this Riverside Resort offers an oasis of peace located in the buzzing city life of Bangkok. Hop on one of the resorts shuttle boats and start exploring the many gems Bangkok has to offer. After a relaxing massage, drift away on the finest Thai silk in your family-friendly suite with lush river or garden views.
FAMILY FRIENDLY HOTELS AND KIDS FUN IN HUA HIN
Hua Hin is Thailand’s oldest beach town resort. The place is known for the King’s private residence, and attracts a lot of wealthier local Thai for their weekends away. The charm of Hua Hin is that it still retains its fishing village serenity, which is now side by side with the bustling center. Here are some fresh ideas when exploring this lively seaside town – just a 2,5 hours’ drive from Bangkok.
What to do with kids in Hua Hin
- Visit Hutsdin Elephant Foundation, a non-profit organization that rescues and cares for abandoned elephants
- Play around on the long stretched beaches and go for a pony ride
- Have a great lunch at Hua Hin Vine Yards (Monsoon village)
- Visit one of many local evening markets
Where to stay with kids in Hua Hin
A locally owned boutique hotel as tipped by travelbee Eva. This smaller sized refuge is really one of the most family-friendly stylish hotels in Thailand! It provides more intimacy compared to the big hotel chains that cover the beach side here. The setting of this boutique hotel with 56 suites and villas is beautiful, right on the beach side of Hua Hin. This hotel is a little oasis, where you can find attention in every little detail. The kids will love the child friendly atmosphere of this hotel. If you love being surrounded by Thai guests, instead of having a tourist experience in one of the big hotels, please visit the Rest Detail hotel.
This small eco resort with 25 unique residences, is a place where you and the kids will feel welcome immediately. after only a few days the staff will know your preferences, which will make your stay even more memorable. The focus here is on the guests and the environment, which you’ll feel 100%. The resort aims to have a zero carbon footprint: hammocks are made by local fishermen, furniture is made from reclaimed wood, and the restaurant uses produce grown in the resort’s organic garden or their own farm. Each suite is located mere footsteps away from the sandy beach and offers commanding sea views!
FAMILY-FRIENDLY HOTELS AND THINGS TO DO IN CHIANG MAI
Thailand’s Northern part Chiang Mai is a site of misty mountains and colorful hill tribes, a playground for family travelers, a paradise for shoppers and a delight for adventurers. Despite its relatively small size, Chiang Mai truly has it all.
Where to stay with kids in Chiang Mai
Step through the striking wooden exterior and discover a world of indulgence with your stay at this boutique eco resort. An oasis of calm, this refuge provides the perfect access point for exploring the city’s hidden treasures and surrounding natural wonders. Combining contemporary Thai elements with the site’s colonial-era heritage, this is the ideal place for you and the kids to experience the majesty of Thailand’s charming northern city or simply relax and let the world go by. Kids love dipping in the 34-meter riverside pool or painting umbrellas, you will love the food that is locally sourced, seasonal, vegetarian options and organic whenever possible!
What to do with kids in Chiang Mai
- Stay at a hill tribe homestay, to simply watch how daily life goes by in a village
- Play in the water amidst beautiful scenery and lush nature at the Bua Tong ‘Sticky’ Waterfalls. The natural formation of limestone makes the waterfall ‘sticky’ and therefore easy to climb
- Be eco-friendly and recycle elephant poop into paper – the Poo Poo Paper Park in Mae Rim makes this a fun and educational (and non-disgusting) experience. Take a self-guided tour in a lovely outdoor space that encompasses a well-maintained park, fish pond, café, shop, fibre cleaning and pulp processing stations, and a crafts table, where kids can make their own poo poo paper creations
- Join an art workshop and paint your own blank 15cm Elephant Parade elephant and maybe become one of the exhibition artists because of your beautiful work and talent!
FAMILY- FRIENDLY ECO HOTELS IN THE SOUTH OF THAILAND
Here you find two of our favorite family friendly stays in the south of Thailand. Different in budget and amenities but reaching these properties is an adventure and both offer great hospitality. Above all, both are sustainable, stylish and family-friendly.
“You will find the soul of kindness and hospitality here.” – quoted by our travelbee Linsey. This is one of the last undiscovered gems in Thailand. If you are looking for chilled out excitement for your next vacation, then a relaxed Thai adventure holiday on Koh Phayam may be the answer. It’s an idyllic and unspoiled island with great surfing, hiking and other adventures. The bungalows of this lovely eco lodge have a minimalist style but are really clean and comfortable nonetheless. Please go, before it’s too late.
Award-winning eco luxury resort Soneva Kiri is located on Thailand’s fourth largest but least populated island. It offers an unrivalled combination of luxury, an integral environmental approach, authentic Thai experiences and mouthwatering organic food. The resort comprises 36 different pool villas (1- 6 bedrooms) on beach level, hillsides or cliff tops, which all have warm, charming furnishings, personal electric buggies and impeccable service courtesy with your own private butlers. A true gem!
More travel inspiration for stylish, sustainable and kid-friendly boutique hotels and hideaways? Please become a member and check the whole TRVLBEES-collection.