We are committed to protecting your privacy. We comply with the Dutch Data Protection Act (Wet Bescherming Persoonsgegevens), the Dutch Telecommunications Act (Telecommunicatiewet) and the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC (and will comply with EU General Data Protection Regulation, which will become effective as of 25 May, 2018).
Which data do we collect and process?
When you fill in the Become a Member or Get an Invitation form you will be required to provide us with your name, your e-mail, and the age of your kids, and after becoming a member your login data, which is data we will process. Furthermore, you may provide us with your address, your profession, travel preferences and a photo of yourself. We will process this data.
In addition to this, we also collect and process information from your computer. This may include, but is not limited to, your domain and/or IP addresses, the browser type you use, operating systems, access times and customer service history.
How do we use the Personal Data we collect?
First of all, we do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to other companies. We may provide your Personal Data to the provider of your selected accommodation if we have agreed with you to make your reservation. We will only disclose your Personal Data to third parties if we are legally obliged to do so by a statutory authority with the appropriate jurisdictions.
Your login information: we will process and store your login information to verify your identity to access your account.
Your e-mail address:
We do not share your email address with third parties, and we will in particular never share your email address with other members of TRVLBEES without your prior consent.
We use your email address to:
- keep you informed of your membership status;
- keep you informed on events which we organize;
- contact you regarding your personal travel itineraries (only with the No stress membership) and any reservation we need to make for you (only for Ambassador or No stress memberships);
- contact you about (overdue) payments and other troubleshooting;
- contact you about properties you have tipped us about via the Tip a property form or via the Become a Member or Get an Invitation form.
Other uses: finally, we may use the information we collect about you to:
- assess your website’s suitability;
- operate, maintain, and provide to you the services, features and functionality of our services;
- help you quickly find information and prevent you from having to enter information more than once;
- improve the quality and design of the TRVLBEES platform;
- Provide customized content and services, including without limitation advertising and promotional information, such as targeted Campaigns;
- diagnose problems with our services;
- create new features, functionality, and services;
- communicate with you;
- provide customer support;
- perform research and analysis on your use of the TRVLBEES platform;
- manage your account.
Marketing and feedback
With your permission, we will keep you up to date via email about our services, latest discoveries or special offers we think you will find valuable. You may opt out of receiving these notifications from us at any time by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
How do we protect your Personal Data?
We work hard to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized or unlawful access, alteration, disclosure, use or destruction. We encrypt our services using SSL, the data are only accessible through a secret password and digital signatures, and our employees only have access to your data on a need-to-know basis. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take all reasonable measures, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.